1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Driver won't install/Code 19 Detailed with pics!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by coleruzicka, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. coleruzicka

coleruzicka Thread Starter

I just purchased a set of wireless headphones. (Creative Sound Blaster World of Warcraft Wireless Headset)
    Here is the issue. When I plug the dongle in Windows 7 tries to find the driver but this happens.

[​IMG]

This is what it looks like in Device Manager.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ALSO I am getting a Code 19 when I view the general tab of my device

"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged"

I think this means there are 2 drivers assigned to one device???? Not sure. Did I accidentally delete the windows driver? Do I need to edit my registry to fix the issue? HALP!

I have tried uninstalling the driver and device 1000 times (i also checked uninstall and delete the driver)

When I install the devices software this is what happens when I try to launch the products config software.

[​IMG]

Windows 7 (32)
    3.0 Core 2 duo
    External Sound Card

2. Irukku

Irukku

3. coleruzicka

The problem originates before the software install. I am assuming that is the driver download for my device. I have downloaded that previously and it throws the error in the last photo when I try to launch it. I am in Bed Bath and Beyond following around my girlfriend so I cannot check if that is the standard 66.66meg install bundle. :(

Clarify something please, in the install guide it shows vista not windows 7 so I assume the found new hardware wizard looks different. Allegedly it is supposed to be seen as a USB audio device as soon as it is plugged in.....but in windows 7 it immediately knew what the device name was.......seems fishy

4. Irukku

Irukku

Nah, the link above is not the 60MB~ install bundle, it's some sort of universal driver provided by Creative. Are you sure you have tried it?

Installing Vista drivers in Windows 7 is known to throw that kind of error, and Creative's Windows 7 drivers tend to be crap and require some internet digging to get to work.

5. coleruzicka

Ok I'll dl that when I'm home. If that works you are hero of 4ever.

6. coleruzicka

Unfortunately that didnt work. I had done that previously. Firmware update.

7. Irukku

Irukku

Oh man, my wireless adapter is currently in the same situation of your headphones then and I'm currently using a gigantic ugly wire that goes through half of my house to get some internet. :(

I'll try to do some digging. Hold on :p

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972232

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice