DriverAgent

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
Go to www.nvidia.com and install a new display driver. At the same place, install your chipset driver for your board and that will take care of all the rest.
Chipset driver first and then display.

ecko69x

Elvandil said:
Go to www.nvidia.com and install a new display driver. At the same place, install your chipset driver for your board and that will take care of all the rest.
Chipset driver first and then display.
Not sure what to click on to get to the chipset downloads.

Click on download drivers, then see option 2, which can scan for what you need. It doesn't work for me, but then you can manually select your chipset.

MichaelDee said:
Click on download drivers, then see option 2, which can scan for what you need. It doesn't work for me, but then you can manually select your chipset.
My last link is directly to the drivers page.

Elvandil said:
My last link is directly to the drivers page.
LOL, YEP. I was referring to the other post (nvidia.com) and when I was reaching for the reply button I hear another message coming in and of course it was about your reply. :D
That has happened a few times I've noticed.:)

MichaelDee said:
LOL, YEP. I was referring to the other post (nvidia.com) and when I was reaching for the reply button I hear another message coming in and of course it was about your reply. :D
That has happened a few times I've noticed.:)
No big deal. I just mentioned it because if the OP used my link, the options you mentioned wouldn't be there, but the ones from the end of your post would be. :D

ecko69x

Ok I know what's going on now. I misplaced my chipset driver CD so when I reformatted my computer it just didn't have the chipset drivers with it. So should I download a driver anyway?

This is what was in the paper for the mainboard.

Asus - AMD /S939
A8N-E (Audio/Glan)nF4 Ultra
Socket 939 - ATX
4 DDR DIMM/4GB MAX,SATA150 RAID & ATA/133, 3P+ 2PCI-X + PCI-X16, ALC8508-Channel Audio, MarvellGigabit Lan, USB2.0

So on Nvidia I would choose; nforce, nforce 4 series, nforce 4 ultra AMD, and XP?

Try the automatic motherboard drivers scan at the bottom of the page linked above.

Elvandil said:
On this page:

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

choose nForce and then choose the chipset details that you have. You can find what chipset you have in your manual, on the manufacturer's site, with system information apps, or you can use the automatic scanner on that page (Click the Motherboard Drivers button.).

PCWizard

System Information for Windows (SIW)
Belarc Advisor
Mitec System Information
You have an nForce 4 Ultra Chipset.

ecko69x

Ok I did that auto detect thing and it said:

Product: nforce 4 series

Recommended driver: nForce Driver Version 6.86
Version: 6.86 WHQL
Release Date: July 7, 2006

It is the same driver when I did the manual thing as well.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts