1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

drivers for my hp deskjet 520 windows 98

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by sharron lynn, Feb 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sharron lynn

sharron lynn Thread Starter

Hello, i'm very, very, frustrated I just bought a used HP deskjet 520 printer and when I tried to install it I found out my windows 98 disk didn't install the driver for it so i've been all over the internet looking for a driver. Can anyone help me please? Also I need step by step instructions on how to install the driver file as i'm pretty much computer illiterate. Thank you all so very much Sharron lynn

2. dogbonz

dogbonz

Hi sharron lyn,

www.hp.com

Will have your drivers. They might come in two parts
    of 1.44 Megs - so you can create floppies.

Go to Support, or Drivers. It may say it's for
    Win95, but they will work.

3. sharron lynn

Thank you! for your quick reply. But I still need help! I'm very computer illiterate! can you give me step by step instructions on how to download and install the driver files.I think I can go from there. Thank you. Very much. PS also what to look for on the site in your first reply. Thanks again

4. buck52

buck52 Banned

5. slipe

slipe

Welcome to TSG.

It doesn’t appear HP still provides the driver software for that printer. This is the only page that would have it and it just refers you to instructions for installing the software that comes with the printer: http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/softwa...c=en&softitem=Microsoft Windows 98&sw_lang=en

Win98 has the driver for that printer. Go to Start>Settings>Printers>Add Printer. Select Local Printer, then select HP from the manufacturer list on the left and scroll down the model list on the right. Click on "HP Deskjet 520 printer", hit Next and it should install the driver.

I just checked and my Win98SE computer has the Deskjet 520 driver – I’m reasonably sure the standard Win98 does as well.

6. randyrayd

randyrayd

Sorry, I edited my first post. I thought I could get you to the driver, but I guess Slipe already tried it, too, and went further on the link than I.

Maybe I was too fast on the keyboard, or maybe it's the beer I been dirnkin'.

Follow the instructions, as was posted. That's how you learn stuff and it'll be fun.

Randall

7. sharron lynn

dear Buck52 when I tried to install my printer a error message popped up it said the device was not ready(error#15) set up could not finish opening a file on the source disk.The sourcefile is D:\win98\HPVMON.DLL' the destination file was `C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HPVMON.DLL=DRIVER12.CAB' I do not have my win98 disc anymore and cannot afford another. What do I do.Please help!!! And thanks for the help so far.

8. buck52

buck52 Banned

Howdy again

Here's a link to a driver that should work...go to step three and click download now...save it to your desktop or anywhere you can find it again easily...

520 driver

when the new hardware wizard asks for the drivers or the location of them click browse and point to the location that you saved the drivers to

good luck

buck

9. sharron lynn

Hey! thanks everyone for all your help. A very nice friend of mine gave me a windows98 update disk! can you believe it? it worked!!! cool friend huh? I will lovingly remember all of your help.And come back often. THIS IS THE BEST SITE IN THE WORLD

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!