drivers license

kurlylox

I can't remember :eek:
Does a womans drivers license number change when she gets a new
card if getting married. I didnt know if the number stays the same or
is a new number issued?

I think it depends on which state your in, Here in Michigan the number is goes like this all the Smith's in Michigan begins with S123 ( example only ;) ) so when I married My number changed to Smith 123 the rest of the number stayed the same as my old one!

Angel, when I got married my husband's last name was the same as mine............no relation;) All I had to do was change my address:)

angelize56

Always remembered in our hearts
:eek: Poor Susan!!! She should start out by calling her insurance company...they'd give her free advice then on what to do and if she IS the Susan D. Smith they are after. Sounds like the car insurance company is suing Susan since they are the plaintiff...more than likely Deb is being sued and since Susan's name was on the car title along with Randy's she would be sued too as one of the legal owners. What a mess!! Good luck to Susan!

hotskates said:
Angel, when I got married my husband's last name was the same as mine............no relation;) All I had to do was change my address:)
you except us to believe that :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

Yes she needs to start with the insurance company than perhaps the DMV office. She really should not drive because even though the number doesn't match up it still has her name on it. The dmv gets a bit concerened when there is more than one license issued for the same person due to the possibility of fraud and such.

jimi said:
you except us to believe that :eek: :rolleyes: ;)
No jimi, I EXPECT you to believe that. It is the gospel truth. I swear. At our reception someone built a ship that had a big banner across the front (for decoration) that said our last names, I'll use Smith just to remain anonymous...it said, "Smith, Smith, Smith POWER". I know it doesn't happen every day, but it happened to us. No lie. My husband also worked for a man with the same last name as his and mine, no relation there to either of us.
Its just a common name. No, its not Smith, but its common here in the valley.
And I know we are not related because our kids are perfect and beautiful:) It wouldn't have mattered though, because I am adopted, so literally, I could have married my second cousin and got away with it;)

skates i beleive the name part and i was just having fun with you about the changing address, see the bold, like in you didn't have to change your address since it was already the same as your husbands before the wedding - kinda fun

Yeah jimi, I'm probably one of the last "Old fashioned" girls who didn't live with my husband before marrying him;) Believe it or not, I lived at home with Dad and Mom till I was 25 (barely....I got married 2 days after my 25th birthday) :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online