1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Drivers required for "Multimedia Audio Controller" and "USB Controller"

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by adai2020, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adai2020

adai2020 Thread Starter

Hi,

I just reinstalled a clean Windows XP copy in my desktop computer which is of Dell Dimension 4550 model. I had reformatted the entire disk, deleted everything and reinstalled a clean copy of Windows XP Home with service pack 2 into my desktop.

Most of the drivers were missing after the reinstall.I managed to get suitable drivers for my network adapters and now i can successfully login to the internet.

In my device manager window, i still have two devices which have a big yellow question mark next to them. They are "Multimedia Audio Controller" and "Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller" devices. I do not know where i can get the suitable drivers for these devices.

I have all CD's that came bundled with this computer. Among them are Dell Dimension Resource CD for Reinstalling Device Drivers and Using Diagnostics, Utilities and Online Documentation.

I need help in finding the right drivers for my two devices. Currently i cannot hear any audio from the speakers of my
    computer. I need to install appropriate drivers to make my speakers and microphone function.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Dell.com

Next time, save your drivers before you reinstall.

3. techkid

techkid

First Name:
    David
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/837041

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice