Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivers wont install, tech guy says MOBO drivers bad

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Saga Lout 
#1 ·
I recently tried to install a wireless network at work due to tech guys playing games after being hired. SO i install on PC, it locks up and crashes, causing me 2 days of headaches tracking down and installing/repairing windows. I get it going and the tech guys come and install the wireless cards around office.
Then they get to this PC, and does same thing did with me locks up but doesnt crash for them. Its a custom built PC by the way, they play with it a good hour and a half,
then say that I have to deal with it and suggested I first reinstall windows with the PCI reciever thing in, and then try and track down drivers for the mobo.

Anyone ever had an issue like this?its running XP Pro,

#2 ·
Can you get it going any way at all - preferably in Safe Mode? If it fires up, hit Fuinction 8 and select the option to disable automatic restart on system failure. That should leave a blue screen error message on for long enough to read it. If you can go all the way to Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking, see what the Event Viewer has to say in Control Panel>Administrative Tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.