1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

drivers

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jtay486, Apr 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jtay486

jtay486 Thread Starter

i have a s3 virge video card that i have in my computer that i would like to use. i was using win98. it's my 2nd vid card now. xp has no signed drivers for it. is there any other way that i could still use it? :(

2. angel

angel

Try driverguide.com. I did a quick search and found many drivers for an S3 Virge card. You may or may not be able to find one for XP but one for 2000 might work.
    Just because the drivers aren't signed, doesn't necessarily mean they won't work. Just means Microsoft hasn't given them their blessing (they can't test and certify everything with work).

3. rude

rude

Here is the link,just register and look around,if you have any problems,come back and someone will help you get set up:

http://www.driverguide.com/

4. jtay486

jtay486 Thread Starter

i went to driversguide & s3 sites & no drivers for virge for xp or 2000. are there any alternative drivers? like savage or trio? thanks for the info. :confused:

5. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

You also might look to see how well the Windows2000 drivers work.

6. jtay486

jtay486 Thread Starter

where do i need to go. i'd like to use it for my sec monitor the i was using w/ win98

7. rude

rude

Give me all the info you can on your card and I will try to find a driver for you

8. rude

rude

9. jtay486

jtay486 Thread Starter

the driver is not for xp, so i guess i wont use it. my second monitor will just sit there

10. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217890

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice