Drivers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Cheryl

I keep getting kicked off the internet (disconnected) and the speed for connection keeps varying from 33,000 down to 16,000. When I called my provider he said it could be that I need to download some updated drivers. Does this sound correct and would that solve the problem. The computer is only about 1.5 years old.

I have a HP laptop with Windows 98 - where do I find if I need to update drivers?

I'm assuming your provider is referring to your modem drivers - a provider rarely seems to look to their own software or whatever for errors.
It's always a good idea, and therefore a first resort in this case, to update your drivers whenever something seems to be awry as manufacturers regularly give fixes to known bugs or glitches as they get reported to them.
One of the best sites I've come across for easy free downloads is at

http://www.windrivers.com/

Or try HP's own site.

Give either a try and see if things improve.

Good luck.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online