1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Drives not being recognized in new comp

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Stiltzkin, Oct 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stiltzkin

Stiltzkin Thread Starter

I did a clean install of Win XP on my hdd, on drive C (the whole drive is one partition), and I partitioned, but did not format a second drive, partitions D through H. Windows boots just fine. I threw these drives into a completely new machine, and during boot, a message similar to "could not detect drive 0, could not detect drive 1" message flashes by, and it boots off the CD. If I take the CD out, it simply cannot boot. The OS drive is on the primary IDE channel, as master on the cable and jumpered as master. The other drive is on that same cable as slave and jumpered as slave. It is an 80 conductor cable. The same problem occurs if I put only the OS drive on the cable. What could be the problem here? Does new hardware overload cause these kinds of problems? I don't think that's it, since it doesn't seem to be booting at all, and that is the time that it would detect new hardware, right?

2. Stiltzkin

Stiltzkin Thread Starter

This problem has been ironed out, but I'll be posting a new problem soon, when I get the details of it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171543

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice