Drivespace3 Windows 98SE

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jackpan

This problem pertains to compressing floppies and not HD compression. This I would never do. I have many compressed floppies that I have kept over time containing drivers, small programs, etc. I tried compressing a new floppy and Drivespace3 hangs at the end. In the dialog box a message appears saying, "100% complete". This occurs when I either try to compress a floppy or reformat a floppy using Drivespace3. Here is the problem - the program never finishes; it just hangs at this point. I waited an extra 20 minutes and still nothing. At this point I hit Ctrl/Alt/Delete and nothing happened. The system froze. The only way I could restart my computer was to turn off power and turn back on. At this point the system returned to normal. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Hi jackpan,

Drivespace is a weird little program that, if it's used at all
it should be on a large drive with plenty of room to start
with (IMHO).

To solve this - buy more disks. Or, create a "savers"
folder and burn from that when it gets somewhat full.
That gives you 700 megs to play around with, at
less than 50 cents a disk. And, unlike floppies, the
data will still be there in a few years.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online