1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

driving me a little crazy

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by garjobo, Mar 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. garjobo

garjobo Thread Starter

Evening friends

So - i have a dvd burner, managed somehow! to burn a few half baked home videos using Ulead and Pinnicle software...but im at a complete loss regarding how much you can fill on one of these disks, be it dvd-r or + etc.... and whats the best disk to mess about with ie, to rewrite things over and over while i get to grips with editing my camcorder footage and checking the playback quality....Does it take a while to erase disks...why cant they be like videotapes and simply go over old footage? or can they? please help?

While im hear, not asking too much i know, but its fustrating..i have the gear but just cant seem to get the results.

I simply want to put all my vhs stuff onto disks...i want to re-edit my stuff and put on titles..ok so i have the software to do this...back to pinnicle and ulead 9.0...but like everything computer wise...sort one problem out up comes another.

Please tell me, best method ( in english ) if i want say a 2hour disk of home footage..putting on a couple of my newly edited movies and outtake clips...what disk is the best for quality. And can it be done easliy what problems will i be facing...already it comes up with, 'this disk is not empty...etc' drives me mad.

cheers
    and
    byes
    g

2. thecoalman

thecoalman

Us a RW disc for testing, they can be written too many times.. Only takes a short time to erase.

Time wise the amount of footage you can put on disc depends on the bitrate. You could if you wanted get up to 7+ hours on a single 4.7 GB DVD using a very low bitrate.

Low bitrate makes a lower quality video though. There's a calculator here to help you determine bitrate: http://www.videohelp.com/calc.htm

For VHS 6000 is more than sufficient to maintain quality, that will give you about 1 1/2 hours of video on a single DVD. You can lower it, get yourself that RW and find out what's acceptable to you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/451100

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice