1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Driving me Crazy

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by vanmol, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vanmol

vanmol Thread Starter

Normal Startup is ticked in System Configuration Tool. At startup I get the nag telling me I started in either Diagnostic or Selective mode. Normal startup is ticked, I also tick the don't show this msg again. Upon restart I get nagged again, while I'm still showing Normal startup. HELP!!!!!!!

2. zmaster

zmaster

hmm i dunno if this helps, but i have mine on selective with everything selected. Seeing as i have never changed it this must be how xp installs it to run. Any reason why you want it to start up on normal startup?

3. vanmol

vanmol Thread Starter

Well---I thought that Normal was the default startup mode. I makes no difference whether I use Normal Diagnostic or Selective modes after rebooting Normal mode is the one that is ticked and I get that damned Nag tlling me I started up in Diagnostic or Selective modes. Getting mighty frustrated!!!!!

4. zmaster

zmaster

so what happens when you put it on selective and select all the things?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275884

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice