DRM and sd cards

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nick reynolds

The download store (Tiscali) I want to use here in the UK says you need to make sure your mp3 player is compatible with wma drm and gives a list of compatible players. If not it says it will not play the songs. I use an mp3 player with a removable sd card and also my pocket pc with an sdcard. Does anoyone know if this will cause a problem?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Are all the players on the compatibility list? I guess that would be the first question.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Does your player claim to be compatible with WMA DRM files?

We're really working in the dark here, we don't know the make/model of your player, or exactly what service you're talking about, and exactly what their compatibility requirements state.

nick reynolds

I think I've worked this out now. I didn't really understand the whole drm thing. It's a bit confusing - I think most people assume if you download legally you can play it on anything. The mp3 player is an obscure chinese make. I was wondering if, as I was putting it on a sd card rather than onto the player itself, whether it could still be played. It seems not. Also whether the drm compatability thing was just a ruse to get you to buy your mp3 player through their online store. This seems a bit daft - I can burn it to a cd and play it on any cd player but I cannot play it on any mp3 player! This is something of an encouragement to illegal dopwnloading!

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
If you can burn them to a CD, you can always rip them off and then use the MP3's you generate on the MP3 player. :)

nick reynolds

Right - I'm learning all the time! So once you'cve put it on cd, it doesn't have whatever the drm code attached to it?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online