1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Droid No ability to record Outgoing Calls? (HTC Incredible)

Discussion in 'Archive: Phones & Handheld Devices' started by idahodancer, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. idahodancer

idahodancer Thread Starter

I just ordered an Incredible Droid (none in stock and is on backorder). The sales rep assured me that if it didn't have built in call recording capability, I could find apps to do this.

I went home and did some research. What I find seems to contridict the sales person.
    I find two solutions, neither of them adequate.
    1) Google Voice can record but ONLY incoming calls.
    2) Use voice record and turn Spearker on (I don't necessarily want my call on the speaker due to privacey and tone quality issues).

My existing, 2 year old dumb phone has the ability to record.
    If this is a droid limitation, then I think I'll have to stick with my dumb-smarter phone.
    This is disappointing, I was kind of looking forward to the bells and whistles.

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

3. idahodancer

idahodancer Thread Starter

I spent an hour last night googling too, and found the same app. The reviews and comments did not leave me with much confidence. (everthing from 'does not work on my phone' to 'needs work') I definitely plan on trying it when my phone arrives.

I just was surprised to find there wasn't off the shelf support bundled on the phone. I am looking to hear other's experiences with solutions to this problem.

If anyone has 'actual experience' with this issue I am eager to hear about it.

4. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

It seems to be a hot topic with the droid and a lot of people are not happy about it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921453

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice