1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Drooping Text Windows 98

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by fiddled, Nov 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fiddled

fiddled Thread Starter

I have Windows 98. Text on any given page will have a small area (about one inch) of text slid down between the lines. Highlighting will straighten it out but is annoying. Just bought windows 98 and Microsoft refuses to offer tech support. They want the retailer to fix it. Of course the retailer see's it differently. No warnings, page faults or acknowledgment of a problem by the operating system. Any Ideas?

2. Dan O

Dan O

I am not really sure if I understand your problem. Does it happen when in Internet Explorer, or when? Can you give a little more details? Try selecting Start, Run, type: SFC Let it check for bad or corrupted files. I assume you did an upgrarde to Windows 98, you make have to delete and reinstall Windows 98 completely. Let us know.

3. Paul D

Paul D

It's more likely a hardware/drivers issue. The video cards we have at work have a very similar problem, which the maker acknowledges as an issue, but hasn't done anything about.

4. fiddled

fiddled Thread Starter

Retailer has more units with the same problem. The video card seems to be the problem. {800X600 True Color Intel (R) 810}
    Thanks to Dan O, and Paul D, for their help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58246

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice