1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Drop box ,Google Drive, Lollipop 5.0 with storage card

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by jamesx121, May 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesx121

jamesx121 Thread Starter

before I was given this T-Mobile Galaxy S5 running Lollipop 5.0
    I always had a IPhone---
    so the Cloud was never a big deal with Apple----
    I know what I want to do but these programs won't play Nice with each other
    I have 64 GBs between my music & picture folder on my computer--Windows 7 (64bit)
    I would prefer to use Google Drive because the first 15 GBs are free---
    but my problem is neither one will use a Micro SD card------
    my phone only has 16GBs internal storage so if I sync either program
    with my phone to my computer its going to fill up my phone & say out of space----
    I can get a bigger Micro-SD card---
    but ""Transfer program to micro-sd card"" is grayed out----
    is there anyway to use the cloud with my phone without filling up the internal storage---
    another thing
    Android Gallery will use the micro sd card but Google pics won't---
    Samsung has put a Google bundle on my phone--
    another problem with Google Drive--it wants to put all my pictures in Google pics---fillling up internal storage
    I do not want to jail break my phone--its only 2 months old
    would loose warrenty
    & I guess T-Mobile will go to Lollipop 5.1 eventually.
    if I signed up for the 9.95 month for Drop Box---would it then use the storage card--
    long question:::
    James

2. TheNext

TheNext

Well first off, your best bet would be rooting and to be clear, rooting is the process on Android that gives the user full control over their device, and it is nothing like iPhone, it does not void your warranty, however is sometimes a little more risky, but you have the Samsung galaxy s5 and there is a one click tool for that, http://www.oneclickroot.com/device/samsung-galaxy-s5/ here. That is he first part, then go to Google Play and search and install an app called ES File Explorer, the reason you would need root is because this app require root access. This app will allow you to choose which cloud storage you want to use. Link to ad is a good app as well, if you,don't understand how link to SD works or any of this really then just reply back.
    TheNext

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147928

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice