1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Drop down list code

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by Jen11, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jen11

Jen11 Thread Starter

Hi,

I am just starting a site with XHTML, css and javascript and any other code that it requires, and am trying to create a side menu list (Unordered) with a plus sign beside each list item that will expand to open a further list of items that would then be hyperlinked. Clicking a minus sign would then close each list.

I have searched on the DHTML Drive site and in general HTML online tutorials and some books but could not find the right information to do this.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Regards,

Jen11

2. DrP

DrP

3. colinsp

colinsp

First Name:
    Colin
    Have a look on Stu Nichols site here there are some examples that should help you. Also plain CSS here.

4. DrP

DrP

Bookmarked, thanks. Some nice examples there - but they're really old.

5. sepala

sepala

6. colinsp

colinsp

First Name:
    Colin
    Not that old the site is constantly updated. Some of the examples are old BUT some are from the last couple of months. Does old mean bad? Does old not do what you want it to do?

7. Jen11

Jen11 Thread Starter

Hi,

Thanks for the links, the Collaspsorz plugin by DrP appears it would be just right.
    Instructions of the code are provided also, which is what I would need to know to modify and change it for my website. I do not find most of the fly out menus and tree menus neat but think some are a bit tacky. 15 years now since I knew html and css, etc, but I'll pick it up again.

Regs,

jen11

8. Ainsley

Ainsley

I'm pretty certain that using the drop down menu function in fireworks would work... if you added a drop down onto a already existing drop down menu, like you said... but the collapsing wouldn't work, it would be strict mouse-over.

9. sepala

sepala

There are lots of free software for creating drop down menus. If you like you can try those also.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973849

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice