1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Drop down menu in Microsoft Windows

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by SailingForLife, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SailingForLife

SailingForLife Thread Starter

Hi,

In the microsoft word opening screen, there is a drop down menu at the bottom, wich says 'File name', iv'e got a load of file names dispalyed their, wich for some reason i cant get rid of, i have tryed the usual things, like high-lighting them and pressing delete or backspace, but they won't go away! dose anyone know how to get rid of them?

(Im using windows XP)

2. Wanderer2

Wanderer2

You are going to have to do a better job of describing exactly where you are seeing this to get any help.

3. Miggs

Miggs

The only thing I can think of might be his recent documents, to clear these, right click on taskbar then properties then start menu tab then customize then click on "clear".

4. SailingForLife

Its hard to explain what i mean, But basicly when you are opening a file in word, there is a drop down menu at the bottom that says, File name, and theirs a list of all the files which i have typed in before, and can't delete them from the drop down menu.

5. Miggs

Miggs

Launch Word, go to Tools then Options then select General tab, then deselect "recently used file list".

6. Tufenuf

Tufenuf

7. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    I am using Office 2003.
    Go to the menu, Tools, Options, then the General tab.
    There you will see a entry of "Recently used file list:" then a small pane with a number in it. Change this number to "0" (zero) and your list will disappear, after you OK yourself out of the options.

8. SailingForLife

Thanks for all your help, but ive tryed this and it still wont get rid of them,
    Have you got any other suggestions?

(Its also showing the folder names that ive typed in before, not just the file names.)

9. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Did you restart Word?

Can you give us a screen shot of what you have?

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!