Drop Down Menus won't work...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Holly3278

Hi everyone. For a while now, I have had this problem with Internet Explorer 6.0. I can't use drop down menus! You know those websites that have drop down menus on them where you can scroll through the list and then click something and it is supposed to take you to a website? Well, that won't work on my computer. It seems like it doesn't work with any websites! Can someone please help me with this?

Do a window search for ie.inf . right click on it and select install and reboot when complete.

Holly3278

I just did exactly what you said but I am still getting the exact same problem. Any more suggestions?

Holly3278

Oh sorry. I forgot to add one thing. I am having this problem with all of my web browsers (IE6, Netscape 7.1, and Mozilla Firebird). Somebody please help me! This is very annoying and I cannot access some web pages with this feature not working.

Open internet explorer and click on tools/ options/advanced and click "restore defaults" then apply .then click on security tab, click default level"then apply.

Do you have java or microsoft virtual machine installed ?

Holly3278

Lol... I should have known that. I figured it was more complicated. Anyway, it appears that I do have Java but I do not have Microsoft Virtual Machine. I am not certain about Microsoft Virtual Machine though because it never shows up when I do Windows Update.

Can you link me to a page with the menu that you are having difficulty with ?

I seem to be able to open all menus there.Try downloading Adaware , open it , check for updates as well as download any . then do a scan and fix all it finds .

Holly3278

Alright, I'm doing an Ad-Aware scan right now. I already had Ad-Aware on my computer. I'll let you know if I still have problems afterwards or if the problem is fixed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online