1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Drop Down Menus won't work...

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Holly3278, Oct 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Holly3278

Holly3278 Thread Starter

Hi everyone. For a while now, I have had this problem with Internet Explorer 6.0. I can't use drop down menus! You know those websites that have drop down menus on them where you can scroll through the list and then click something and it is supposed to take you to a website? Well, that won't work on my computer. It seems like it doesn't work with any websites! Can someone please help me with this?

2. mobo

mobo

Do a window search for ie.inf . right click on it and select install and reboot when complete.

3. Holly3278

Holly3278 Thread Starter

I just did exactly what you said but I am still getting the exact same problem. Any more suggestions?

4. Holly3278

Holly3278 Thread Starter

Oh sorry. I forgot to add one thing. I am having this problem with all of my web browsers (IE6, Netscape 7.1, and Mozilla Firebird). Somebody please help me! This is very annoying and I cannot access some web pages with this feature not working.

5. mobo

mobo

Open internet explorer and click on tools/ options/advanced and click "restore defaults" then apply .then click on security tab, click default level"then apply.

6. Holly3278

Holly3278 Thread Starter

I tried that. I'm still getting the same thing.

7. mobo

mobo

Do you have java or microsoft virtual machine installed ?

8. Holly3278

Holly3278 Thread Starter

I am really not certain about either. How do I check?

9. mobo

mobo

Add/remove programs

10. Holly3278

Holly3278 Thread Starter

Lol... I should have known that. I figured it was more complicated. Anyway, it appears that I do have Java but I do not have Microsoft Virtual Machine. I am not certain about Microsoft Virtual Machine though because it never shows up when I do Windows Update.

11. mobo

mobo

Can you link me to a page with the menu that you are having difficulty with ?

12. Holly3278

Holly3278 Thread Starter

http://www.w3.weather.com/maps/travel.html

I am having trouble with the drop down menu directly beneath the maps. Its the one that helps you select a new map within a category. I also seem to be having trouble with http://www.beliefnet.com when selecting a different religion from the drop down menus. This is under a drop down menu called "Explore Beliefnet".

13. mobo

mobo

I seem to be able to open all menus there.Try downloading Adaware , open it , check for updates as well as download any . then do a scan and fix all it finds .

14. Holly3278

Holly3278 Thread Starter

Alright, I'm doing an Ad-Aware scan right now. I already had Ad-Aware on my computer. I'll let you know if I still have problems afterwards or if the problem is fixed.

15. mobo

mobo

Do you have a firewall or popup blocker of some sorts ?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170690

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice