Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dropbox says it's "full," don't believe it, how do I check?

Solved 
1K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  bj nick 
#1 ·
I use the free Dropbox version just as another backup, and also to have things available everywhere (such as on Android).....stuff I'm working on, I automatically save-as to Drobox as well (also backed up online in google drive and to Seagate expansion drive.) Dropbox insists "you're full!" and though I've looked through and there's barely anything there, it won't go away. Can someone explain how I can check exactly what's in there? I think I'm confused between the desktop and the cloud (where things actually are.) Thanks, don't know why, but DB is really confusing to me.

#3 ·
Thanks for responding. I've checked everywhere on the online site, I see the files supposedly there, etc., but there is ZERO information on the size of any file, total size, % of storage capacity used, etc. Seems weird to me. I'm at Dropbox.com/home. I assume that's the right place?

#5 ·
Yeah, I have searched everywhere on there, I cannot find any indication of the size of any of the files or what the total percentage wise of the capacity or anything. It must be hidden really well for me not to find it. Maybe it's directly in front of me and I'm just not seeing the forest for the trees.

#7 ·
Well, I checked my Samsung phone and it's right there: "Space used: 31.8% of 2.8 GB." That's really interesting.....Dropbox on my phone gives more info than my laptop or desktop?? That's wild. It's also puzzling that I've continued to get the warning messages on the desktop all the time when obviously I'm nowhere near capacity. Must be something with the sync settings, I'm guessing.

#8 ·
Possibly.

On the website, under your icon in the top right, settings, then plans it should tell you what you have:

1632846587008.png

maybe check your dropbox folder to see if you have files that are bigger in total of about 2GB of data. If you do then perhaps its not syncing because it's more than your free space.

#9 ·
Okay, thanks, got it now. It says I'm using 44.26MB of data out of 2GB. But you are have to work for it to get that basic data. sheesh. Seems like if they're going to claim I'm way over, they should SHOW me straight out. Anyway, I don't see anything else in there, just the 44 mb's of files, and the warning has grudgingly stopped showing up and snarling at me, so I'm good. Thanks for the help!

Reactions: Couriant
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.