Dropped floppy didn't brake but won't work anymore

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Piringa

I dropped my sisters floppy from like 4 to 5 feet and it fell on carpet. The floppy's case did not brake but now my pc won't read this floppy. Other floppys work but the one I dropped doesn't.

The floppy looks fine. Nothing broke but still my computer doesnt read it. It tells me if I wanna format it.

I was actually in the dist minutes earlyer. Maybe windows cached all the files somewhere. Could I recover the files from my pc that maybe win XP cached for fast reading or soemthing?

Maybe the disk is jammed into the side of the case.

Stick a pen in the hole in the center of the disk and wiggle it around.

Piringa

OK I recovered the data. I used a prog called. GETDATABACK. (shareware). It had bad sectors on it. I doubt dropping it caused that. Most likely my sister screwed it up using Open Office.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online