1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dsc 3000 in windows 7

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by boop442000, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. boop442000

boop442000 Thread Starter

Does anyone out there use windows 7 can help with getting drivers for this camera. Microsoft says just plug into usb port and you don't need the drivers but thats not the case. Digitrex or Apex isn't found on website unless they changed there name. I also tried to install memory card in camera it says error but after I take card out my pictures come back so I'm stuck.

2. steve0steve

steve0steve

Are you saying that you have tried plugging the memory card directly into your pc?

3. boop442000

I tried to put memory card into my camera and it says error so I took it out and stuck it into my pc and my card reader is fine but again my camera wouldn't work because I couldn't get the drivers I need for windows 7. I tried using the disk that came with the camera but it is for xp and the manufacture is obsolite and microsoft doesn't have a compatable driver and neither does anyone else from what I found.

4. steve0steve

steve0steve

Can't think how to help you :/ sorry

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

If the card gives you an error on the camera, that has absolutely nothing to do with your computer. There's something wrong with the camera.

6. boop442000

There isn't wrong with my camera its windows 7 not being fully compatable with some devices

7. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

That sounds like a problem with the camera to me.

8. Knotbored

Knotbored

Just a thought-
    You say the pictures apear on the camera when the card is removed?
    Some cameras (maybe all cameras) have internal memory sepperate from the memory card that allow a small number of pictures to be taken when the memory card is absent.
    If that is your problem then take your camera to a friends XP, extract the internal photos, format your memory card IN THE CAMERA NOT IN THE COMPUTER. Then use the card in the card reader. There is no need to hook the camera direcctly to your Windows 7 PC.

9. wilson44512

wilson44512

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028295

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice