1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DSL - Difference between phone line cord & .....

Discussion in 'Networking' started by rfzbaker, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rfzbaker

rfzbaker Thread Starter

I'm back! :) Verizon just dropped off the box containing all the goodies, but I can't hook it up until next week because of the "Service Ready Date".

Anyway, my first question. Is there even a specific cord for DSL connections? In order to run DSL, do you need a SPECIFIC cord, or can it just be a regular phone line cord?

Say, the cord I received with my verizon box, (The cord that plugs from the jack into my modem) , is not long enough, could I go out and buy a longer cord?

Thanks in advance. Sorry if this sounds confusing :X :)

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

3. rfzbaker

rfzbaker Thread Starter

I figured. We bought a 25ft flat wire from radio shack, they told us the cord did not matter, i insisted it did and I was right. Oh well the cord only cost 3$. Is that site trust worthy? :) Thank you JohnWill, once again.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I don't know if they're "trustworthy", but the cable was cheap enough. If you do a search, I'm sure you'll find lots of other folks that have it. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542138