1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DSL Drop Out

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Dean Wesley, Apr 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean Wesley

Dean Wesley Thread Starter

I recently installed DSL supplied by Sprint. They sent a series 645 modem and a USB to Fst Ethernet Adapter. All this is connected to an HP Omnibook XE2 laptop running Win98SE. After running connected for 3-4 seconds to 3-5 minutes all T/R (transmit receive) stops. All indicator lights remain on and the ACT (data transfer) light continues to blink, intermittently, as it does during normal operation. The T/R stop has occured during tthe numerous hours I've spent on POTS with the Sprint Tech's. They could detect no problem from their end with 'on-Line dianostics.
    The only way that service can be restored, however short the period, is by disconnecting the USB connector, and/or the Modem. Since the Modem shut-down kills the USB connector they seem to accomplish the same thing--Whatever that is. Very simply, the installation is, essentially, unuseable.
    Does anyone know of a direct solution, or know someone whohas had a similar problem?
    While DSL is down all PC programs seem to operate normally.
    Thanks,
    Dean

2. jnu

jnu

i have the same problem. after a few clicks or afew minutes online, DSL disconnect me. when i check network connection it tells me still connected. only no receive and send. i try everything including format HD to reinstall XP Pro, no luck. Finally i try click Network connection\property\support\repair. it works. but only for a while online. i have to do it again to keep on line. You can try this way. Good luck.

But i still need to know what the problem is and how to fix it. Any one know? Please help!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217719

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice