1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DSL Internet Disconnects

Discussion in 'Networking' started by xrated, Mar 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xrated

xrated Thread Starter

I got my dsl modem like a month ago and its been EXCELLENT. Fast speed, never disconnects, its great. But i dont know whats hapenning now cuz every once in a while, it disconnects and i get a message that popups on the taskbar that says "a network cable has been unplugged". What i do is i either unplug and then plug one of the cables that are connected to the modem (like the phone cable or the power cable) and then it works again. What can be causin this if i am not unpluggin anything why am i gettin this message and why might it be disconnecting? Thanks in advance.

2. Sponsor

3. scarbitten

scarbitten

Sounds like your LAN card needs updated to a new version of firm/software. Failing that, your LAN card may need to be totally replaced is it may be at fault itself.

4. xrated

xrated Thread Starter

its not happenin anymore. I havent done anything. Guess it was a lil bug or somethin. I dont think its my LAN card cuz its new. I got a new one with my dsl internet to avoid any problems. So i doubt thats it. If its somethin its the cable, but i dont understand why it disconnects and reconnects? doesnt make sense to me.

5. xrated

xrated Thread Starter

Ok I realized somethin. I am not gettin the error anymore. I ONLY get it when im using OVERNET. Thats when i get that message. Other than that, i dont get the message while im online. What can be causing this? I use Overnet a lot so this is a problem :(

6. xrated

xrated Thread Starter

ok....so doesnt anyone know?

7. xrated

xrated Thread Starter

::bump:: .....? :(

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/216112