1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DSL Problems

Discussion in 'Networking' started by THoey, Mar 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. THoey

THoey Thread Starter

I recently upgraded from SBC DSL Standard to the Pro version. Since putting in that request, I had a lot of problems with service interruption. I never had any problems when I was on Standard. Most of those problems are losing my Broadband Link, that light starts flashing orange on my 2Wire DSL modem.

I had a tech come to the house and check all the wires and signal and he said that everything on this end was fine but replaced the 2Wire box just in case. I think most of that was during the upgrade period.

The problems got less, but they are still there. I just called and opened another trouble ticket, but I also pulled up the modem log, and this is what I see for today:
    Any idea what these errors could relate to?

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Well, it seems clear that you have a service issue, not anything that can be addressed by anything you can do...

3. skinnywhiteboy

skinnywhiteboy

If you're using their software to run log in to your DSL connection, try using a router instead. That will solve a lot of your problems.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

How would a broadband router solve ISP connection difficulties?

5. Liassic

Liassic

In my experience the 2wire is very sensitive to line problems. I am a long way from the exchange and the 2wire will drop the connection very easily. The 2wire will work for a while and then start dropping the connection with your error message. If I connect up my other router it will maintain the connection fine.
    Therefore my advice is that if you've lots of dropped connections then change your router for another less sensitive one.

6. --KX--

--KX--

from my personal experience yr problem is from yr telephone line

i used to have the same problem on my adsl here in malta....after approx a year of trouble this problem was solved by datastream (the adsl company) by changing the telephone wiring fibre optic cable...

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!