DSL router vs Gigabyte router

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

haiderjolta

Hello every one,

We have 8Mbps DSL router(4ports) at our office.
And more thn 20 pcs are connected to this router, providing 16mbps speed to each pc which not enough.
I want to change this router with any gigabyte switch.
will it work ? will it provide me 1Gbps to each pc.

help me i am poor in networking.

etaf

Wayne
whats the make and model of the Router and switches , if you have any ?

how are the 20 PCs connected now - by wireless or cable

how did you get from 8Mbps to 16Mbps ?

To get gigabyte connectivity
you would need a router with a gigabyte LAN connection , as well as the swtich and also all the PCs would need to have a gigabyte adapter
BUT
that will only be the internet speed between PC
NOT the internet download speed - that will be determined by the speed your ISP (broadband) provider is giving you / you are paying for

If you plan to continue to use wireless - you will not get gigabyte wireless connectivity

haiderjolta

router name which provided by ISP: Fast ptcl router
16 pcs are connected via wireless and rest via cable.
ISP(ptcl) told us its 8Mbps....

with 8Mbps speed, when we put Gigabyte router and connected 16+ pcs.... will the internet speed to each pc improve ?

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
The internet speed will vary between 8 and less than half a Mps depending on how many are actually using the internet at any moment. It is unlikely that a faster router is going to affect this by very much.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts