1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DSL stopped working

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bluecast, Sep 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bluecast

bluecast Thread Starter

Some person I know is a total computer-newbie and they installed DSL yesterday.

It was working fine until today.

In like 10 minutes I'm about to go to their house which is like.. what.. 40 minutes away? They use Windows 2000 Professional (No service packs, since they don't know about it), hmm..
    That's about all I know about this.

Some help would be appreciated if at all, since I never used DSL before or know what it is.. I know it stands for Digital Subscriber Line though..

2. dai

dai

if they are using a router reset it if just a modem reset it if no reset button on the modem pull the power plug to reset and reboot the computer

3. SexyTech

SexyTech

there's a few different things that could be going on with this one.

Can the system "PING" out and get replies?
    do certain applications like Yahoo Messenger or AIM work but can't surf?

Make sure you run AdAware or Spybot to remove the garbage, then if still no good, then run HiJackThis and post the list here.

The PC may have fallen victim to a browser Hijacker as well.

Good Luck!

ST

4. bluecast

bluecast Thread Starter

I got it working.. Seems that they forgot to open EnterNet 300 and log in.. Gees, 1 hour drive for nothing.. At least I ate some good food though hehe :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165755

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice