1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DSO Exploit and Tracking Cookie

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by jmerhige, Aug 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jmerhige

jmerhige Thread Starter

Hi,
    I downloaded Spybot and Adware and have run them numerous times. Each time I run them, I get the same problems, despite the fact that I have "fixed the problem" after the previous scan.

Can you please tell me how to truly remove these from my system, as they are slowing my system down considerably. Thanks!

Details below.

From Adware, I get the following:

Tracking Cookie File Data Miner c:\documents and settings\john merhige\cookies\john [email protected][1].txt

Tracking Cookie File Data Miner c:\documents and settings\john merhige\cookies\john [email protected][1].txt

From Spybot I get

DSO Exploit:
    DSO Exploit: Data source object exploit (Registry change, nothing done)
    HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-19\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

2. otheil

otheil

I have the same problem....everytime i run spybot, it comes up with 3 dso exploits, removes them, but they instantly reappear.

High CPU (100% a lot of the time) usually alternating between winlogon (i have 2 winlogons in task manager for some reason and cannot delete the second) and explorer.exe.

Working on the computer is fine until I get onto IE, when its painfully slow and unusable.

HELP !!!

3. blue dragon

blue dragon

The DSO Exploit is just some kind of bug in Windows XP it really isn't nothing to worry about. I posted on the Windows XP threads about it and there is some links there if you want to get rid of it.

4. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

DSO Exploit is a bug in Spybot ver 1.3, nothing to worry about.

5. Mari0-Br0s

Mari0-Br0s

6. jmerhige

jmerhige Thread Starter

Thanks to everyone for their insights.

Mari0-Br0s, can you explain how I add these files to my registry?

Also, any thoughts on the Trackiing Cookies?

Thanks much.

John

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/257895

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice