1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DSO Exploit --- is there an expert here????

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by qblitz, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. qblitz

qblitz Thread Starter

have Windows XP pro
    I have been contracting this problem off and on for the past two months. The typical result is that my machine can no longer connect to the web (no ip, mail, iam, etc.). As a result, my startup doesn't complete b/c mcafee, etal cannot get to the web to update their products.

My recover procedure varies but usualling includes these steps, but the order is different each time
    1) spybot detects it and gets rid of it (two passes)
    2) restore back to a good date
    3) remove IAM
    4) run ipconfig/renew

Tonight no good --
    spybot finds DSO Exploit, but after running many times, with each time, it reports it has been removed on the next run, it is still there.

Can someone give me the correct removal/restore procedure and software. I will manually go into the registry if I have to.

Help!!!

2. Dust Sailor

Dust Sailor

3. Dust Sailor

Dust Sailor

http://forums.techguy.org/t110854.html

Go here and download SpyBot Search and Destroy and Ad-Aware SE
    UPDATE and do a scan with both of them getting rid of all they find

Do a scan with Housecall and Panda

After doing ALL the above first

Download Hijack This 1.99.0 Do a scan and post the log here please

4. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

5. jdl

jdl

Here's a quote from the Search and Destroy website:

"DSO-Exploit is a security gap in Internet Explorer, Outlook and Outlook Express. Microsoft did already close this gap with security updates, so with current Windows updates and patches installed, it will no longer be a threat to your system.
    Spybot-S&D will still detect the DSO-Exploit, but instead of fixing it for good, it will unfortunately again set an invalid value. Therefore it will again be found with every scan.
    This little bug in Spybot-S&D has already been repaired and the respective fix will soon be available as a program update."

Go here change the program so it will no longer show up as a problem.

Be sure all your windows updates and patches are installed.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328332

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice