DSO exploit spyware: possible interference w/XP SP2?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ivan kogan

Spybot 1.3 detected and "fixed" (5) DSO exploit items, but failed to bring up the congratulations, you've cleaned up the problem. My understanding is although the "checked items" still remain (they have a large, vivid green checkmark) on the screen, that they HAVE been fixed but a bug in the program doesn't allow removal of the items from the screen. My QUERY is whether or not what still remains will interfere with future downloads, since I plan to download Zone Alarm and follow that with the XP SP2 mega-patch.

Any explanations will be received with great interest. Thanks for your help on this matter. Ivan Kogan

bearone2

Banned
ivan kogan said:
Spybot 1.3 detected and "fixed" (5) DSO exploit items, but failed to bring up the congratulations, you've cleaned up the problem. My understanding is although the "checked items" still remain (they have a large, vivid green checkmark) on the screen, that they HAVE been fixed but a bug in the program doesn't allow removal of the items from the screen. My QUERY is whether or not what still remains will interfere with future downloads, since I plan to download Zone Alarm and follow that with the XP SP2 mega-patch.

Any explanations will be received with great interest. Thanks for your help on this matter. Ivan Kogan

i never see dso exploit in the xp checks because i see "congrats", which means nothing is found.

you don't get any congrats because you repair the items. :cool:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online