Solved DST issues, on Asus AC68U router?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chrisb1978march

Hi all,

I seem to be having issues with the above on my Asus AC68U router. I live in the UK and use the App to schedule the kids internet use - after 10pm they can't access it.

All worked fine until the clocks went back this morning at 2am.

Their devices now show it's blocked from 9pm. I've checked my settings and the time of the router shows the correct time (not an hour in front). I know I had to change when the time goes forward and back, because it was using the US rule.

I've googled possible answer and most relate to the rule as to when it changes the time, but, as I said, the time on the router itself is correct.

I've checked my settings and as far as I can tell they're all correct. NTP server is pool.ntp.org. I've read you can set it to your local server, but the problem is still there.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I happy to share any other info you require.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter

chrisb1978march

Thanks @Macboatmaster, I went to the settings on the web rather than the app, cleared all the parental settings and out them back on and it's done it.

Not really sure why, but clearing them on the app didn't work.

crjdriver

IMO it is always best to access a router via a browser rather than by any software program.
I would think your router has an option as to what time zone/location to use. I do not have an asus router however linksys routers have this option. Once set, that should alleviate the problem next year.

chrisb1978march

@crjdriver yes it does have the option of changing the time zone, however it was on the correct one and the router time was showing the correct time... Which was what was odd.

But I think, as you said best to use browser rather than the app

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Pleased you sorted it, as I said
Their devices now show it's blocked from 9pm. I've checked my settings and the time of the router shows the correct time (not an hour in front). I know I had to change when the time goes forward and back, because it was using the US rule
with you saying tome zone and time change was correct, it was a puzzle to me as to why it should also have put back parental control for one hour.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online