Dual Boot Issue, Vista and 2000

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

piratetigger

I have just installed Vista (Home Premium), having been on Windows 2000 for a while. I want to run both of them.

I have installed vista on a second drive and it boots fine. But there is no dual boot option, it just boots straight to Vista. What have I done wrong?

I can see the windows 2k drive in vista.

Has it got anything to do with my drive set up, here is what vista reported when I installed.

Primary (Disc 0, partition 1) : Vista
Logical (Disc 0, partition 2): Data
Primary (Disc 1, partition 1): Win 2K

So, can I dual boot, without having to re-install either of my O/S's?

Thanks

piratetigger

Installed Vistabootpro, and manually added Windows 2000, and now I can boot into booth. So problem solved

vista will not see the other drive which is windows 2000 but I can see it device manger it will will not let me mount it:confused:
windows 2000 will see both drives
they are both formatted NTFS
there 2 drives on the system 1 with vista mounted on it and the other with windows 2000 sp4 on it

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online