1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dual Boot Problem w/XP & Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by wayneg12345, Jun 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayneg12345

wayneg12345 Thread Starter

I am trying to do a dual boot with 2 separate hard drives.

I installed XP on Drive C, updated everything, and all worked great.

Then I tried to install Vista on Drive D...went smothly until it had to reboot to "finish" the Vista installation. It first came up an error screen.......(boot manager).....

It stated: Windows failed to start, and that I should put my Vista OS disc back in and choose "Repair Windows. It also gave the reason for the error: Application Missing or Corrupt.... Windows\system32\winload.exe..... Status 0xc000000e

Then if you hit continue, it takes you to the boot screen where you can choose XP or Vista
    Again XP will load.....but if you try Vista either repair or complete reinstall, you always come back to the same error.

One more thing.....I cannot access my BIOS anymore, no matter what I do it will always go to the Boot Manager error screen.

Help????

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!