Dual boot problem

Kevscrazylife

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 11 Home, 64 bit, Build 22000, Installed 20210730121523.000000-300
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10, CPU Count: 12
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (790 GB Free); D: 0 GB (0 GB Free); F: 237 GB (237 GB Free);
Motherboard: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. MS-16P6, ver REV:1.0, s/n BSS-0123456789
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver MSI_NB - 1072009, s/n 9S716P612210ZI3001324
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Ok let me start this mess up on my part,

A while back I installed Linux OS to run beside my Windows OS, On my SSD which is Drive (F), so after a while, I didn't really like Linux, I guess I am a Windows guy lol, anyways, so I decided to want to uninstall Linux and keep Windows, this where I made a boo boo so I said I will just delete the Partition that has Linux on it and all will be good right!! Well now it was not, I accidentally deleted the entire partition thus wiping my SSD clean of any programs including Windows OS. So I said no biggie right just reinstall windows back on the SSD and all will be fine, let me tell you not all was fine, So I go into BIOS Boot to reinstall Windows, and low and behold my SSD is not listed in the Boot option, just my HDD which is a Seagate 1TB, so I freak out wondering why it is not showing as a boot option as Primary Drive to boot into, so with haste, I installed Windows on my HDD, and now it blows Butt for time not fast at all, So I go to try and get it My SSD to be recognized so I allocate it to assign it a path and put it online right !! Well, again, imagine that LOL track record speaks for it doesn't it LOL, so I accidentally made my SSD a Dynamic disk, so when I finally got my SSD to show up as a Boot option, Windows tells me I can not because it is in Dynamic mode, so..... I reboot into my HDD go into Computer Management to revert my SSD back to Basic Disk, then it tells me it has to be in FAT32, etc. I thought NTFS was how it is supposed to be, my HDD NTFS and Windows is on it, anyway, I made another Boo Boo I made my HDD a Dynamic Disk, and now I can't get it out of that I went into Computer Management and tried but to no avail, I can't, and I still can't get Windows on to my SSD Drive I need some serious help I hope I explained it well enough so someone can troubleshoot this for me and give me a Viable solution I can get help and help me solve my problem, any help will be great and thank you for listening lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

blues_harp28

Kevscrazylife - I have renamed your thread title and removed letters that are not suitable for a family friendly forum.
Please be more careful in future. Thanks.

crjdriver

What exact ssd do you have?
This is not all that difficult; you secure erase the ssd and install windows. Note have only the ssd connected during the install.
A secure erase is not a format; it is a command issued to the drive's controller. Some performance motherboards have a secure erase utility as part of the bios OR you can use parted magic linux to accomplish this task. Some drive mfg have a toolbox that contains a secure erase utility. Until we know what exact drive you have, it is just about impossible to tell you which method to use.

Kevscrazylife

What exact SSD do you have?
This is not all that difficult; you secure erase the SSD and install windows. Note have only the ssd connected during the install.
A secure erase is not a format; it is a command issued to the drive's controller. Some performance motherboards have a secure erase utility as part of the bios OR you can use parted magic Linux to accomplish this task. Some drive mfg have a toolbox that contains a secure erase utility. Until we know what exact drive you have, it is just about impossible to tell you which method to use.
it's a Toshiba SSD, I want to get a Samsung or a Crucial but I can not afford to I am low income so I am stuck with what I got So do you think Toshiba will have such a tool ?? Thank you for your help I might need it again in the future so just a heads up.

crjdriver

No, toshiba most likely does not have a tool. You are going to need something like parted magic linux. It has a secure erase utility built into the operating system. There is also a second option if you do not want to pay for parted magic. This is a free utility however I have never used this program;
How to Secure Erase SSD or HDD for Free - EaseUS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.