1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dual Boot Problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by nobles, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nobles

nobles Thread Starter

Hi all..
    ok how on earth do I alter the time I have to choose between the operating systems that are installed upon a machine. You know the screen that asks you to choose an OS during the boot up process when you first switch the PC on....well it just flashes up for about a second then chooses option 1...where do I change this to say 30 secs.
    Please help this is really annoying!

2. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

Which two Operating Systems are they and are they on separate drives or separate partitions?

3. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

[boot loader]
    timeout=30
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

This is a single boot from XP Pro but the timeout is the key for you

Boot.ini is where

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You can either edit the boot.ini file or you can do this from within windows.

Control panel>system>advanced>startup and recovery. You can change the time there. You must be logged in as admin or admin account priv to do this.

5. pjblevin

pjblevin

Nobles: Right-click "my computer">advanced tab>settings>time to display list of operating systems. Change the time in seconds as needed.

pjblevin

6. nobles

nobles Thread Starter

wow thanks..."my computer">advanced tab>settings>time to display list of operating systems............. seems to have fixed this.

CHEERS ALL

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276959

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice