Dual boot problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ziggy587

Hey guys.

I had XP and Vista dual booted on separate partitions on the same drive for a while. Then I decided to keep my Vista partition and dual boot it with 7. So I figured the safe way to go about it would be to use my Vista install disc to delete the XP partition and to fix MBR, then install 7. So I went ahead and deleted the XP partition.

Problem is, when I went to use the repair options on the Vista disc the OS wasn't showing up, so I never fixed the MBR. Then I got hasty and decided to go ahead and install 7.

So now I'm wondering if there's anyway to rectify the situation and be able to boot into my Vista partition again. I was thinking, would a boot manager be able to detect the Vista OS even though the MBR is messed up? I've used a boot manager before a few years back, I think it was GAG. Any other way to be able to boot into that Vista partition again with out messing up my new 7 partition?

Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if I can't get it working again. If I can't fix it I might just move my files off the partition and use it to install Ubuntu to.

Thanks for any input. :)

Ziggy587

Sounds great. I'll give it a try tomorrow. Thanks for the link!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online