Dual Boot Problems and more

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

craZ_chickeN

Ok, here's the deal. I wanted to reinstall Xp Home Edition on my Sony Vaio because I felt that I wanted to start fresh again. I lost my cd so I went on another forum and they told me to run the program called winnt32.exe in the folder C:\windows\system32\I386. I did that and I reinstalled xp. After it restarted, It asked me which system I wanted to boot: Windows Xp Home Edition or Windows XP Home edition. I clicked on the new one (which I presumed to be the top one) and found that I could not login. It just took me to the desktop and there was nothing on it. I also found that I could not use the standby feature. It is pretty much like safe mode except for the fact that I can go on the internet. Now I am faced with two problems.

1. How do i get rid of that new dual boot partition?
2. How do I reinstall XP on my old partition?

Please help me, I'm stumped! :(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online