Dual Boot question???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

robotmg1

ok, i just installed windows essentials and i had to do a system restore on it, and i accidentally turn off my computer in the middle of it, and i ended having to reinstall windows, and wen i did that, it basically made like two partitions, and wen i boot up my PC it asks which one id like to boot to, one with the broken windows on it and one with the newly installed one does anyone know how i would delete this (broken) partition

p.s. it doesnt show up on any live cd partition editors, its like all on the same partition

thx in advanced

ok, i just installed windows essentials and i had to do a system restore on it, and i accidentally turn off my computer in the middle of it, and i ended having to reinstall windows, and wen i did that, it basically made like two partitions, and wen i boot up my PC it asks which one id like to boot to, one with the broken windows on it and one with the newly installed one does anyone know how i would delete this (broken) partition

p.s. it doesnt show up on any live cd partition editors, its like all on the same partition

thx in advanced
Start <> run <> type msconfig <> click ok <> click on the boot.ini tab <> click check all boot paths <> follow prompts

all that did was put me in safe mode, wat am i supposed to do after
Start <> run <> type msconfig <> click ok <> click on the boot.ini tab <> click check all boot paths <> follow prompts . will not put you in safe mode . It tells you if you have a bad boot path and gives you the option to delete the bad ones .

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online