1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dual Boot Vista & Xp on 2 Drives

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by danielpsx, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danielpsx

danielpsx Thread Starter

Hi,
    Im new to the forums so I hope to get a lot from them:D

Well, I made myself a new pc recentley and I installed windows vista ultimate on it. Vista is on the SATA drive i purchased. What I would like to do (being the big game fan that i am) is purchase a second SATA drive and put XP on it. What would be the simplest way of doing that, having vista already installed first on the other drive? Will I be able to use the same boot menu as if I had XP and Vista on the same drive? Or would I have to use the motherboards boot menu to acces the different drives?? :p

Will appreciate the extra pointers on the boot selection thing, but more important, the ability to have both vista and xp on the computer :p

Thanks a bunch in advance
    Danny:D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!