? dual-boot Win XP Pro & Win MCE...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aquaboy

Hi guys,
Does anyone know if it is possible, or has done, a dual-boot setup of Win XP Pro and Win MCE (2005)? I'm curious to know if it is possible and if so, what is the bes way to go about it and any potential problems.

My current setup is I have a Athlon 64 3800+ with 1TB RAID 0 running Win XP Pro. I have partitioned the OS onto C: with 50GB and left the rest as general storage for the moment. I also have a digital TV tuner card, which is why I'm thinking of installing MCE.

All help and info gratefully reeived.

Cheers,
Aquaboy.

Win MCE is only an upgrade of XP, so it can replace XP PRO. But you can install both on different partitons and have no problems.

aquaboy

Hi Dan,
thanks for the quick reply.
A couple of questions then....
1. Is it better to simply replace XP with MCE or to have them run separately?
2. If the latter, what is the best way to set it up? Create another partition and load MCE to that, as opposed to the current C:?

Cheers,

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online