1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dual Boot, Windows XP, Windows Vista, IDE and SATA

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Jay88, Mar 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jay88

Jay88 Thread Starter

First off, hello :D
    Now for the fun. I've got a new rig I'm building and I want Windows Vista on one of two 300GB HDD's, while I want Windows XP on a RAID 0+1 thats setup on four 250GB SATA drives. I started with vista and then setup the raid 0+1, everything went smooth. I proceeded to install windows xp on the raid, which also went smooth. But I couldn't boot into windows Vista anymore, so i repaired that and now I can't boot into windows XP. Whats goin on?
    Windows XP Pro w/sp2
    Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit
    4GB DDR2 5300 (i think)
    2x 300GB maxtor IDE
    4x 250GB Seagate SATA in raid 0+1 (mirrored + striped)
    Asus M2N4-SLI
    X1300 All in one wonder
    2x DVDRW/CDRW
    What yall think?

2. techy689

techy689

What is this computer for?

3. Jay88

Jay88 Thread Starter

Fun :D Lots and lots of fun

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Just a guess on my part however I would assume vista setup did not have a driver for your raid array. Because of no driver, it would not "See" the xp install on the array.

Did you load the driver for the array when you were installing vista on the ide drive?

5. techy689

techy689

take pictures of your computer and post them... i would like to see how massive this thing is.

6. Jay88

Jay88 Thread Starter

Alright lol, I'll show you a few, but you have to promise to not mock the horriable wireing job.
    Any other ideas to fix my problem?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/552293

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice