Dual Boot with Win XP & Win 7?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

go4saket

Hello friends!

I have a system with Windows XP SP3 installed n my C drive. I have multiple partitions and I am willing to install Win 7 on my D Drive thereby making my PC a dual boot system with Win XP & Win 7.

I do the procedure to installing two OS in two different partitions as I have done this with Win 2000 & Win XP before but never tried this with Vista or Win 7.

Is the procedure going to be the same or do I need to take some other steps?

Thank you.

fairnooks

Banned
Since you already have a partition ready its very easy, just be sure to choose the custom advanced install option and select the correct partition to install 7 on. 7 takes over the bootloader duties and it'll allow the choice of Windows 7 and Earlier version of Windows (XP).

The only tricky part is if you ever want to break the dual boot back to just XP because it won't have the bootloader anymore.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts