1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dual boot xp with vista installed first

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by asking_for_help, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. asking_for_help

asking_for_help Thread Starter

Can someone lay to rest the deal with dual booting with vista/xp? I read and tried all the forums out there on steps how to dual boot xp with vista installed first and nothing has worked for me. I have a quad core gateway with 3gb of RAM with 500gb HD.

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

You need a boot agent if you inmstall Vista first like Symantec "Boot magic" that is on the Partition Magic cd.

3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
  4. uhaligani

uhaligani Guest

Yes. I have gone through a very similar procedure quite a few times for friends. The only warning I would have, is, that it is important to have the DVD/CD's for both systems, otherwise it leads you into quite a few problems.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/639588

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice