1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dual Booting Problem?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Xenoimpact, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Xenoimpact

Xenoimpact Thread Starter

I have windows XP Home on my first hard drive and i installed Fedora Core on my 2nd Hard Drive, and i don't like Fedora Core so i tried to just erase the linux partition on my 2nd hard drive. THe Linux used a booting thing called Grubs or something, and when i deleted the linux, my comp would not boot back to windows. How do i do it so i can boot up with windows again and have all my files?

2. mobo

mobo

Try this :
    type FIXBOOT and answer yes after

type in the following commands and after each click enter and be sure to leave all spaces exactly as they are..

CD \
    ATTRIB -H NTLDR
    ATTRIB -S NTLDR
    ATTRIB -R NTLDR
    ATTRIB -H NTDETECT.COM
    ATTRIB -S NTDETECT.COM
    ATTRIB -R NTDETECT.COM
    COPY X:\I386\NTLDR C:\ (X IS THE LETTER OF YOUR CDROM)
    COPY X:\I386\NTDETECT.COM C:\ (X IS THE LETTER OF YOUR CDROM)

Afterwards reboot

3. Xenoimpact

Xenoimpact Thread Starter

where do i type it in?

4. mobo

mobo

Sorry, you have to boot from the xp cdrom and enter the recovery console. Then select the system to repair then enter the admin password then proceed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223726

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice