1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dual Booting - Second hard drive partitioning issues

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by techkid, May 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. techkid

techkid Thread Starter

First Name:
    David
    Hi all.

Recently I installed Ubuntu Linux on a partition on my secondary hard drive (it's a worthwhile education, I'll give it that). Since then, when in Windows, the remaining space, used for games, alternates between being accessible and being unaccessible. What's the go?

For example, when I go in My Computer and try to open D: drive this is the message i receive:

D:\ is not accessible

The parameter is incorrect

Thank you in advance.

Attached Files:

2. techkid

techkid Thread Starter

First Name:
    David
    Just to let you all know, I'm in Linux now, checking the hard drive. It recognises the first partition as being NTFS formatted, and the partitions are correct, which points or at least indicates the problem as being with Windows.

3. techkid

techkid Thread Starter

First Name:
    David
    I think I've come up with something...

It seems that after I leave Linux and go back to Windows, D: is accessible. Until then, it doesn't let me.

Is there a more permanent solution?

4. techkid

techkid Thread Starter

First Name:
    David
    I guess there isn't a solution at this point...not in this thread. I'll change my tactics. Thanks for your consideration in any case.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!