1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dual booting windows XP and win 2k prof

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by get2prem, Apr 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. get2prem

get2prem Thread Starter

In the firm i work in.I was asked to install Windows XP and win 2000 pro on a Pentium IV machine
    with 80 GB hdd.I was also instructed to load XP as primary partition(as C:) and then win 2000.
    After installing windows Xp and then installing win 2000,i find that i am not able to boot into Windows XP(although the dual boot screen appears)
    this is the message i am getting
    "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt
    \windows\system32\config\systemd start up options for windows"
    Why is this? I was told that windows 2000 has to be loaded before Win XP but the project requirement dictates that Win XP has to be installed on C: .
    please do suggest how i can accomplish this.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Partition the drive, install W2K on D: first, then install WXP on C:, problem solved. :)

3. Bulldog

Bulldog

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!