1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dual booting with Windows ME

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rrice88, Jul 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rrice88

rrice88 Thread Starter

Right now as it is, my C drive is divided into C and D. On the C is my Windows ME, under properties tab it says Local disk, FAT32 Used 1.89 GB free space 13.66GB. Under D properties tab it says, Local, RAW Used 48.0 KB, free space 21.66GB. I want to dual boot Me with NT. I put my 3 floppy disks in, everything goes all right, except for a 1024 cyclinders? It says it is not an error but could cause it not to work right, but go ahead and push enter. The other problem that I am having is when it comes to the Partitioning stuff. What kind of information would you need to help me partition this hard drive so it will work. I have tried doing it the way I think, but then it finds and error and tells you to exit out. I'm new at this, but really need to get it to work. Thanks.

2. Del

Del

The easy way would be to use a program like partition magic. It will allow you to move and add partitions without losing anything you already have on the harddrive. After you create any extra partitions you want, start me and then run the xp setup, select advanced so you can pick that you want to select the drive where you want to install it. You can put it on the D driver and use anyother partitions you created for storage.

3. mobo

mobo

Sounds as if the d partition needs to be formatted first before you start trying to install an operating system on it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!