dual booting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

skarz

Can I dual boot Win98 and WinMe? I don't want to but my supervisor does for some reason. I don't know if you can. I know that Win2k and WinNt have dual booting options, but I don't know about these others.

skarz

Thanks Angel, that's kind of what I thought. Does anyone know some names of any boot managers?

I've never used it, but there's Powerquest''s BootMagic that comes with PartitionMagic.

skarz

ok, thanks. Does anyone know about any of the free downloads on CNet. I've found two free boot managers, but don't know anything about them. They are LegendOS Boot Manager 0.92 and Extended Operating System Loader 1.1. Any info on these would be helpful.

You can do the Dual boot without a Third party Program.

Lets say you have a Partion with the letter E: assigned. Ok, you have 98 on C:...

Install Win/ME to E: drive. Then when you want to boot to win/98 you can put your Bootup disk in and choose Load windows normal and win/98 will boot. If you want ME to load, just load windows normaly....

Its that simple and you dont have to have any aggrevating Third party programs to deal with....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts