Dual channel RAM in single channel mobo

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
Dual channel is a mode, not a type of memory. Dual channel configurations use the same memory as the single ones.

I think the OP meant will a dual kit work in a non dual config?

Same answer though. Yes.

nickyboy29

Thanks for your reply. So it`ll be OK?
On another note, my motherboard homepage says `form factor micro ATX. Does that mean I need a micro ATX PSU?

Triple6

First Name
Rob
nickyboy29 said:
Thanks for your reply. So it`ll be OK?
Yes.

nickyboy29 said:
On another note, my motherboard homepage says `form factor micro ATX. Does that mean I need a micro ATX PSU?
No, it just means the motherboard is micro-ATX in size, you can install it with any power supply size you like and into any case thats micro-ATX or larger.

nickyboy29

Is it easy to change PSUs?
I have 1 x SATA, 1 x PCIe 7600GT, 1 x dvdrw/cdrw, 1 x floppy, 2 x ddr2

nickyboy29 said:
Is it easy to change PSUs?
All you have to do is take a few screws out and unplug the wires. Just make sure the new one has a SATA connector. And do the work with the case sitting on its side so the PSU doesn't fall and break something :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online